The Creative Technologies stream focuses on smart technologies that are becoming increasingly important for the creative industries. The skills associated with the once-separate creative and technical worlds are beginning to overlap more and more, especially with the rise of smart interfaces and wearable devices. The scope of this Masters focus stream is to serve as a link between these two worlds thus creating professionals capable of bridging the gap which exists between the two. Students will:
- Be prepared for a career as technology-led experts in the creative industries;
- Learn how to design, develop and apply software in various areas of the creative industries;
- Be aware of the fundamental concepts behind intelligent computing;
- Have a clear sense of the issues involved in building and maintaining reliable software for the sophisticated demands of today’s market;
- Understand the social context and visual design aspects of software development.